The Cinnamon Snail {NY / NJ}

What says New York food more than NY Food Trucks? They're on every single street corner, and you have your basic hot dogs & pretzel carts to your falafel carts to your full on french gourmet food trucks. I really wanted to find a vegan food truck, and after reading endless reviews on yelp about The Cinnamon Snail (which has an average rating of 5 stars), I decided this would be the truck I would hunt down! We stayed at the Waldorf Astoria (which I highly recommend for at least 1 night). I'm not saying your entire stay, but just one night of your life stay at the Waldorf and get room service. Such a beautiful hotel with so much history.
Anyways, back to the food... while we checked into the Waldorf, I looked at the Cinnamon Snail's Facebook (which they update on their location thoughout the day). They were 2.5 blocks away from the Waldorf! So, we just had to walk down the street to get their yummy food. It was destiny. ;) Next to the Cinnamon Snail Truck there were around 5 other Food Trucks, each had 1-2 people or none at all. The Cinnamon Snail had at least 20 people waiting, and it was after lunch time, it was almost 3pm. That told me right away that the food would be at least decent based on the line.
I ordered their Maple Mustard Tempeh Sandwich. It was a delicious chicken sandwich with garlic aioli, tomatos, and lots of kale. Yum! They had an array of homemade desserts and donuts, but it felt like I was in a furnace in NY, and I had already had Dun-Well Doughnuts that morning, so I didn't want to eat anything heavy, in hindsight, I probly should have taken a few things to go. I also ordered a Strawberry Lemonade. I don't think I've ever had a lemonade taste so fresh, and the strawberry flavor was real strawberries, not a generic artificial flavor. So refreshing for such a hot day. My total was $13, I gave them a $20 and told them to keep the change. They put it directly into a charity cup, stating they don't take tips, and they were very grateful. I recommend this to anyone wanting great, fresh, organic food, you don't have to be vegan to appreciate it and like it.
Below is a quote on their truck:
"Food to help you transform into a being of pure light who can serve all living creatures simultaneously and eternally."
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment